New Firsts... for a Mommy of TWO!
Being a mother of two now certainly brings with it new challenges. I personally like a good challenge, so I have taken these on with a new sense of creativity and motivation. Below are a few firsts that I thought were worth noting, or if nothing else, are sure to give you a good chuckle or two!
1) My favorite - putting Asher to bed with London asleep on my chest, Asher curled up next to me, and reading bedtime stories at the same time.
2) Giving London a bath in the bath tub, while Asher washes off in the shower next to us... I usually get London finished up and then go back to make sure Asher really did scrubbed all body parts - it's one way to tag team bath time!
3) Eating dinner with Asher while London falls asleep in the baby carrier strapped to my chest - yes, I have already dropped food on poor London, what a champ!
4) Nursing London with one hand, and pushing Asher in his swing with the other (please do not try this at home) - and let's just hope the neighbors aren't up early peaking over my fence!
5) Nursing London while paying bills and trying to chat on IM at the same time - please forgive me if my spelling is off, I'm typically typing one handed!
Whoever claimed that women are natural born multi-taskers should be awarded some ingenious prize! I am certainly one women who is learning the definition of multi-tasking in a whole new light, but not without flaws. I failed to mention that one day I managed to get London, Asher, and ALL the groceries out of the car... only to go almost an hour later until realizing the groceries were still sitting on the floor and never actually put away! The joys of parenthood are worth it all. :)
2 comments:
you rock sis!!! you are one fantastic mommy! you children will be so proud of you one day when they realize all you do for them =)
so proud of you bethany! I'm taking notes. :)
Post a Comment